Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Virgen Rosaria

Starting on Tuesday this past week Casey and I have been woken up in the middle of the night to firecrackers in preparation for the fiesta and rodeo on Saturday. Casey and I were on our way to breakfast Friday morning and all along the road were passed out men from the night before. It was so funny and then at breakfast teachers that I work with were taking shots before school. There are four big fiestas in Jima and the whole village just totally cuts loose. Friday night Casey and I went to mass. The village brought the Virgen into the church in a big parade with everyone dressed in traditional clothes on horses. Then Saturday was the rodeo and a big fair. It was a lot of fun. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like they need AA meetings down there. I can't wait to see you guys.

-jefito